Monday, April 27, 2009

America Pt3

Due to an electrical storm our flight was delayed by 3 hours last night. We circled a lot, had to land somewhere else to get more fuel etc. and because of that we were 3 hours late. I ended up getting into the city just as the Gaslight Anthem show I wanted to see finished. dang. oh well. I went to buy some merch though and the band gave me it for free. Thanks guys. That covered most of the cost of my cab ride home.

I met another cool friend on the plane. An older woman who said she was a 'liberal in a sea of republicans', she worked at a University in a little University town about an hours drive from the airport. Her boyfriend and her gave me a lift into the city for the show. Pity I didn't get in there to see the band but oh well. I got to talk about the differences between our countries a lot, see what it's like being in a car in America and just generally hung out. Thanks guys. I've got there phone number so I'll certainly give them a call and tell them I'm safe when I get to NY.

I hung out in our room for a couple of hours before going to bed last night, talked shit on the internet for a couple of hours and then went to sleep. Easiest sleep of my life haha.

Breakfast this morning was rad. They didn't have much hot stuff but it was free and we got as much food as we wanted. I had like 6 glasses of orange juice, a blueberry bazel, a big waffle with maple syrup, some cool muffin thingy (dunno what flavour it was but it was nice) and a bowl of Frosties (called 'Frost Flakes' in the US). I'm feeling pretty full now.

Currently sitting at Kansas City airport charging this thing and waiting for our flight. NY this afternoon. Fucking hell.

No comments: