Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thankyou's

Maybe this post will make me sound like a wanker but hey, that's not how I intended it.

On Thursday night I went to the Values Here album release show at Snitch (which by the way was amazing) and picked up a copy of their album 'Greet the Sun'. I was flicking through the booklet tonight before I went to Propagandhi and I noticed my name in the thankyou's list of the album. It's the second album thankyou's list I have been in and I guess for me it feels like a big deal not in a 'oh I'm so cool bands put me in these now' or a 'I interviewed their band so I deserve to be in there' but in a more reflective way. I can remember when I first got into music, I would sit down and read every title like detail of the records I bought. The lyrics, words in the background (I can remember when I sat down and read the whole story written behind the lyrics of the last boysetsfire album), who recorded it and where and lastly, the thankyou's list. I'd sit there and read all these names of people I didn't know, people I'd never met and probably never would meet, but people who meant a lot to the people who conspired to make that record. I guess it feels cool to be recognised as one of those people and maybe one day be a name read over and over by another kid as engrossed in music as I was.

Please go listen to Values Here, they are amazing. Their album 'Greet the Sun' is probably the best melodic hardcore album to come out of Brisbane everrrrrrrrrrrrr. The coverart is cool too haha. Check them out on myspace here. They're doing some shows interstate in the next week, please go to them if you can! You will not be disappointed.

I also found out tonight that I will get to hangout with Ryan from Values Here while I'm in New York at the end of April. Fucking cool. We're going to go to the statue of liberty together wooo.

Ps. to continue with the youtube theme, here's a video of Values Here playing 'Purpose' my favourite Values Here song. I'll also probably put the interview I did with Ryan from Gb#3 up when I finally get around to reinstalling office on this PC, we'll see how we go.


1 comment:

Mat M said...

Dude! i still do that!