Tuesday, July 8, 2008

my day

I went into the University just before because I had some shit to do. It’s almost offputting how quiet it is at this time of year. Normally you feel like you can’t escape people at uni, now I walk around wondering where they all went. It was a cold morning; I kind of wished I’d taken more clothes than I did. 
I saw a box full of copies of ‘1984’ and ‘A Clockwork Orange’ on the floor when I was at the textbook store. Good stories. I can remember borrowing a copy of ‘A Clockwork Orange’ from the local library last year. I realised the novel was written in the same slang the movie used, I didn’t bother reading it after that. Maybe I’ll come back to it one day. 
I was sitting in the car listening to Iron Age when I got home and I saw a ute reverse quickly all the way along the street up a head. I stopped for a second and wondered if my world was in reverse. It felt like someone had pushed the rewind button on a remote controlling my life. Weird.

I've got one more thing I want to put up here, then I’m gonna go read more of ‘Get in the Van’. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the book at the moment. The repetition of it all and the vagueness of some of the sections seems to be bum me out a bit sometimes, but I still can’t seem to put it down. I guess I feel like I can relate to the general feeling of loneliness and isolation that seems to run through it. I want to do a longer breakdown of the book later on, but that's a good start for now.


No comments: