Thursday, December 30, 2010

Independence

It's kinda funny how quickly your feeling of independence can shatter around you. I've always prided myself on being an independent character (I drive, I solve my own problems, I pay my own way etc.), but such little things can put you in a state where you need the help of another. I came off my skateboard this afternoon and banged my elbow. It seemed fine at the time but now I can barely move my elbow at all. I managed to drive left handed to the doctor and now my x-ray, but I certainly don't feel like I could drive any decent distance. I don't even know if I'll be able to go to work tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage driving to my friends' house tonight for dinner. My sister is coming over at 4 to drive me to a house inspection. I feel the worst! Not even because of the pain, I can deal with that, the ease of being stupidly reliant on other people is what kills me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: