Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trapped Under Ice

I know it's probably already been said about 405088080 times by various hardcore blogs/zines in the last 6 months, but I'm going to say it myself too: Trapped Under Ice are a fucking great band. Definitely a shining light of hope for modern hardcore. One of the hardest bands getting around these days.

Their 'Stay Cold' 7" of April this year is easily one of the best releases of2008 so far. 10 minutes of  pure anger and hatred, NYHC the way it's meant to be played. Short, violent and with a lot of groove. The intro to the last track sounds like the bastard child of the Murdario Stomp, what more needs to be said?

Please do not sleep on this band. They have a split coming out with a great UK band called Dirty Money in the very near future, check it out.

In other news, life is alright. In the middle of all my uni exams so I guess life is a little bit hectic, but them the breaks. Today has been a pretty generic day really and I doubt it'll get that much better but hey. Gonna sit around and listen to a couple of 7"'s I still haven't listened to now, read over some more maths work and then I might head into the city to buy shit a bit later, not sure if I can be fucked. It just started raining too, good life.

No comments: