Thursday, April 7, 2011

Betrayed

for some reason I had an urge to put the Betrayed 'Addiction' EP on this morning. They got a bit shitty after this EP, but these 6 songs were gold. Understand and the next song A Light in the Dark are some of the best hardcore lyrics I've ever read. I saw Betrayed in 2006 when they toured with IA and Champion, they were amazing. I saw them play at Burning Fight in 2009 and wasn't really that into it. I think their time past. Maybe releasing an album with a production that sounded extremely flat and dead and sucked the life out of all the good songs they re-recorded for it didn't help? I've never bothered to buy their new EP. Here is their best song and it's lyrics though:



'A Light in the Dark'

Searching for a light in the dark
So much loss in your life, you're feeling left behind
And there's a struggle going on inside
Yeah I saw it in your eyes tonight
It's got you thinking like there's nothing you can do
But there's something you can do
You live
Burn all white flags to the ground
And know it in your heart that you can never surrender
Can't just get back up, you've got to look inside
Because you're searching for a light in the dark
Don't just carry on, because there's something more
And you're searching for a light in the dark
I know you're feeling like you can't go on man
Yeah I heard it in your voice tonight
It's got you feeling lik there's nothing you can do
But there's something you can do
You can light the way
Can't just get back up, it's time to look inside
Yes, you become that light in the dark
Can't just carry on, I'm asking you to light the way

No comments: