Monday, April 18, 2011

A good interview

Christopher Hitchens is one of my favourite minds at the moment. I think it might be that I recently finally got around to reading 'God is Not Great' and I always seem to go giddy at the knees when someone takes the battle to religion or the fact that he wears his admiration of George Orwell on his sleeve as much as I do.

These videos are a two part interview with Christopher Hitchens from last year, when he was in Australia promoting his recent memior Hitch 22 (that has been at the top of my 'to read' list for a while now). I think it serves to humanise him a bit, while also serving as a good introduction to who he is. The first half is absolutely gut wrenching, a bit intense for morning radio. His talk of the Iraq war here is interesting as well.



No comments: