Monday, April 18, 2011

Thomas Hooper

I figured if I one day want to start putting my blog out in the open again, I should try and post on it regularly with things that are somewhat interesting. I saw this today and thought it was so cool that I should post it.

Thomas Hooper is one of my favourite tattooists in the world. His detail is INSANE. I'm sometimes not the biggest fan of tattooists without colour but his blackwork is ridiculous, so I'll make an exception. He works in NYC and one of my dreams in life at the moment is to get tattooed by him if I ever get a chance to go back to NYC. I'll save like a grand and get him to tattoo my side or something.

The blog post I'm linking here are some healed shots of a sleeve he did a while back, anyone familiar with the band Hope Conspiracy will notice that their latest 7" artwork (that Hooper did) is part of this sleeve. How cool it looks tattooed is half the reason I'm linking this, but the rest of the sleeve really shows off how good he is in general. Suss the rest of the blog, lots of cool stuff to look at. So many big epic pieces that make me go 'wow'.

I like how he makes an effort to put the whole person into all of the photos he takes. He said in an old blog that it's important to capture the person in the tattoo as well because it adds so much more to meaning of it all. I like when people believe in the ultimately personal nature of tattooing.

http://meditationsinatrament.com/2011/04/17/doubt-can-only-be-removed-by-action-2/

No comments: