Sunday, May 8, 2011

Escapism

When I'm at work just reading in the lunchroom I sometimes wonder about where the people that always piss off somewhere on their lunchbreaks go. So I made an interesting story up!


‘Where do you always disappear to?’ he asked, he could never work out why she didn’t just stay in the lunchroom like everyone else.

‘I think it’s so depressing in here. There isn’t even a window. Most days I take myself up to the roof and I sit on the bonnet of my car, slowly smoking cigarettes and just watch the city. The view is great, you can see everything. All of the CBD, the galleries at south bank, the big ferris wheel. It's much prettier at night because everything looks better lit up in front of a dark backdrop, but I still love it during the day. The whole scene is so peaceful. For that hour, I forget I even have a job.'

No comments: