Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Boom Boom Bye

I got this shirt in the mail today, I was pretty siked. Good band, edgy print etc. Check out the rad coathanger I put it on haha.

I also gave my room a quick tidy because we have our 3 month inspection for our house tomorrow. It's crazy how much cleaner it looks. Pitty about the desk. I may do that later. Sorry that the picture sucks, this camera is half fucked and my hands wobble like hell.

I'm currently jamming the new Cold World album. I listened to it a fair bit in the first couple of days after I got it but I kind of forgot about it after that. It's not bad. It's heavy and it's aggressive, but I think they may have gone a bit too far with the rap vibe? I'm not sure. I guess time will tell. They were always a bit more subtle about it with their older material and I think I liked that more. Anyway, to anyone who wants an introduction to the band, I suggest heading over to 1917 Records and buying a copy of their collection disc 'No Omega' before you check out the new album 'Dedicated to Babies Who Came Feet First'. 'No Omega' even comes with a bonus DVD featuring some live footage, a documentary I never watched (well tried to watch once, but feel asleep haha) and some cool filmclips from other bands including Iron Age and some other rad band I've currently forgotten. The opening track 'Gods and Earths', from their split with War Hungry is hard as.

3 comments:

Patrick Galvin said...

i'm hard as

Sean said...

what band is the shirt?

GB said...

it's a smiths shirt. based on an album cover.