Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yesterday was an alright day.

Yesterday was my last real day of university for the year. It feels amost surreal that the year has gone so quickly. Shit, I can remember the very day that I moved out of home... that was like 8 months ago now. It's crazy. I have next week off to study, 2 maths exams the week after that and then thermodynamics and mechanical engineering exams the week after that. So pretty much, the unimportant part is over and now the important part has began haha. I don't need to do well on the maths exams to pass, I've passed the course for my last exam (the mech engineering one) already, so the thermodynamics exam is the big issue. I need to study it hard.

I went into the city yesterday afternoon with Sean to buy shit. He bought a heap of stuff, he actually posted 3 blogs about the shit he bought today haha, click on his name to check it out if you really care. I really wanted to go pick up the Dirty Money/Trapped Under Ice 7"'s Kill the Music were meant to have for us, but they didn't arrive so I am still recordless. I picked up another Promise Ring album though, they didn't have either of the albums I really wanted ('Electric Pink' or 'the Horse Latitudes') but I bought 'Very Emergency' anyway. It's supposedly similar, I wouldn't know, I haven't listened to it yet as my computer has no CD drive at the moment and my laptop ran out of battery as I was trying to rip it. Dang. 

I managed the to get I think my favourite purchase of the last few weeks from a massive secondhand CD store in the city. I finally got a real copy of 'Clumsy' by Samiam (the album with Stepson and Capsized), that is far superior to the album most people usually seem to jock/be familar with 'Astray'. As far as I know, 'Clumsy' has been out of print for years, so I'm siked to finally own it. Also, for those that don't know, Samiam were an amazing 90's emo band. Really melodic, really emotional, with a bit of a rocky edge. They're still around today, but supposedly the new material isn't anywhere near as good. Look up the filmclips for Stepson and Capsized on youtube, you won't be dissapointed.

We were going to go to the movies in the city but instead we decided to go home and watch Pulp Fiction instead (because while I own a copy of it, I had still never seen more than half of it before yesterday haha). It was fucking rad. So many amazing sketchy parts/one liners. We then to get dinner and ended up getting free fish and chips (thankyou random people with too much food, the chips were great). 

We also watched a movie called Garden State, written, directed and starring Zach Braff (JD from Scrubs), I'd been told to watch it by a few people because I love the Shins, and there's a couple of Shins songs in it, so I bought a copy yesterday from Target and we watched it. It was rad. Kind of romantic, but with lots of quirky parts and I guess a really cool serious but also not serious vibe. And Natalie Portman is a babe. Even hotter when she's listening to the Shins and saying 'this song will change your life...', while she hands her headphones with New Slang playing to Zach Braff. Overall, it was rad.

Anyway, I'm out, I gotta head back to work for another 2 hours. I think I might end up being late, oops.

No comments: