Thursday, October 23, 2008

THE FABLED RETURN OF... EPIC BEEF

I think it's time to pause my stupid emo shit and boring life crap to bring back something that my writings have been missing a bit lately: the good ol' Sick of Goodbyes beef. And what occasion has inspired this you ask? My official least favourite band in the world(TM), a band that have never released anything more than a demo and have never done a proper Australian tour (but still have a filmclip haha), a band whose singer told me to 'shut the fuck up' from the stage for singing the first line to a song they were about to cover (yeah, I think I'm still bitter about that), a band that does 'bree's' but calls themselves a 'hardcore' band, a band that is just really, to be honest, ridiculously terrible (I gave you a link, you can check it out for yourself, if you like the songs, chances are you arrived at the wrong place by clicking on this blog, your little brain might have more fun here), are touring New Zealand. Supporting 2 international bands. What the fuck? Does common sense mean anything to these peoeple? Do they realise how playing in a 'hardcore' band works? Start band, play shows, release demo, tour, release EP, tour some more, release album, tour more, maybe tour NZ, tour more etc. Do they realise how stupid a NZ tour before you've even toured the whole of Australia is? Fuck this band and fuck promoters stupid enough to let these things happen. Seriously, I still don't believe it. Letting a band from Australia who don't even have a proper release out or any proper touring experience have the support for 3 massive NZ shows that I'm sure local bands would love to have. Is there anything inside any of your heads?

I think I can remember seeing something on the singers myspace about starting a record label called 'Give Blood' records  once, after I knew that he knew about my zine (Give Blood) because he once messaged me asking if he could contribute, funnily enough after he'd written me off on stage without knowing who I was. I don't know why it annoyed me at the time, but I was pissed off, I even contemplated changing the name of my zine if he went ahead with it, I don't mean this in a high horse sort of way, but more a 'who the fuck does that; kind of way?, who knowingly uses a phrase for a record label when someone who lives literally 20 minutes away from them has a zine called the same thing? Mate, do you have a brain?

Wow, it looks like I'm talking shit again. Here's a closing image to make this as controversial as possible:

2 comments: